football kitsManager was the first of the online football games released, and it allowed sports fans to experience what it was like to be the manager of a professional team. With the game, gamers were able to customize teams, call plays, and control players, so they could win competitions. That was in 1982. Today’s online soccer games are packed with more impressive features and sequences. To give you some insight on a few of the most worthwhile programs you should try out, here is a list of free internet-based sports games of the type.
1. AMFA Manager. This persistent browser-based game (PBBG) simulation is set in the 1981/1982 soccer season, with fictitious teams and players tasked to win 10 divisions and multiple cup competitions. It consists of 150 teams split over two countries, and if you are a non-league manager, you can create your own group and decide everything from the kit, the name and the players you want to be part of it. It was created by Liger Software and features one of the most realistic and competitive cycles among all of the football games available.
2. Power Soccer. Same as the first selection, this Java-based game also enables fans to come up with their own football team and out-do real-world leagues and players. The advantage of this particular program is that users can build and personalize every member of their team. And then, they can go and compete with other live players around the world or join premier teams and fight for trophies.
3. Soccer Manager. Dubbed as “the world’s best free online soccer manager game”, this particular online soccer simulation rendering enables people to build up their own teams with a choice among 50,000 football players, and then participate in a sophisticated and realistic transfer market. They can call plays, use masses of formations and tactical options, and go against the program or compete with other human managers. On top of that, you could join a club and play against fellow fans. And as an added bonus, its navigation system is pretty clear cut and the design lets you have a more natural and exciting experience.
4. Hattrick. This is actually one of the oldest (and simplest) of the soccer games in existence, and has amassed one million registered players since 2009. It is perfect for kids who are just starting to learn the ropes of online gaming, but can be also quite entertaining for adults who love the sport. It employs an international setting, listing 128 participant countries. And here, the player can assign positions to team members and play basic strategic and tactical options, like a real manager does.
5. Football Manager Live. This MMORP game developed by Sports Interactive has over 1000 players in its database, which users can pick out from to create their own squad and club. They can bid for players against other managers and then train them to become specialists. The game provides replacement players for those that have retired, creating a close to realistic game scenario. On top of that, the game could also opt to construct their own stadium to accommodate fan bases.